Due to the generosity of both the attendees at the ABS 2018 conference dinner auction and our conference sponsors, we are delighted to be able to offer a number of travel grants for the 19th ABS conference in Te Anau, New Zealand in March 2020.
The aim of these grants is to assist ABS members, who would otherwise find it difficult to attend due to the cost of travel, in making their way to the conference.
If you are interested in being involved in the conference as a sponsor or exhibitor, please contact the conference sponsorship coordinator.
• A number of grants will be offered, to a total of $5,000.
• Maximum amount for an individual grant is $800.
• To support as many members as possible, some of the grants are likely to be less than $800, with the amount allocated proportionally to the distance travelled, factoring in the justification provided.
• The grant can cover travel and/or accommodation costs (not registration fees).
To apply you must be:
• a current ABS member;
• a student, low-income earner, wildlife rehabilitator, or conservation volunteer;
• able to present your research, caring or conservation activities at the conference (as a full-length talk, speed talk or poster);
• able to demonstrate how the travel grant will assist your work and being able to attend the conference.
Applicants should put together a 1-2-page statement including the following:
1. Your name, address and contact details.
2. Confirmation that you are an ABS member (if not, please join before applying http://ausbats.org.au/get-involved);
3. Confirmation that you are a student, low-income earner, wildlife rehabilitator or conservation volunteer;
4. Title of your presentation for the conference, indicating the type (i.e. full-length talk, speed talk or poster);
5. A summary of your research, wildlife rehabilitation or conservation activities – this can be the Abstract for your conference presentation or a broader outline of your current work;
6. How attending the conference would benefit your research, wildlife rehabilitation or conservation activities;
7. How the travel grant would assist you in attending the ABS conference;
8. The amount you are requesting, providing a breakdown of the costs (e.g. cost of airfares, accommodation).
Please send your grant application (and any related enquiries) to Michael Pennay, ABS Secretary: Secretary@ausbats.org.au
The application closing date is 25 November 2019.
All applicants (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified by 10 December 2019.
We look forward to receiving your applications, and seeing you at the conference.